D25043: [ResultDelegate] Use theme.disabledColor

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 29 14:46:52 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D25043#556015 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25043#556015>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > @kbroulik we should try to wait if there is an ongoing discussion.
  >
  > > I have the latest package installed in KDE Neon Dev Unstable, does it need to be compiled instead for some very recent change?
  >
  > Yes, there's a partner patch adding a disabledText role to Plasma theme to bring it in line with kirigami.
  >  I think Neon builds once every night? If you don't have it your console will be spewing errors saying "no such role"

  I don't get that error when running plasmashell and kwin in the console, but I'll build plasma-frameworks later tonight and see if that fixes it.

  >>   we have no control over color schemes; they might have dumb values for this color; in fact this is what I get now when testing this patch with Breeze and the Breeze Dark color scheme:
  >
  > This is a very valid point, but any colour scheme should define a disabledText colour as QWidgets and Kirigami will be using that.
  >  Do we have any colour schemes which are used only in plasma?

  Hmm not sure, I'll test a bunch of them later on when plasma-framework compiles.

  >> Isn't DescriptiveLabel just a label (a QQC1 based at that) with 0.6 opacity when inactive?
  >
  > QQC1 Label and QQC2 labels are both Text directly, so not a huge difference. We should upgrade it though.
  >  Also yes, we should change DescriptiveLabel

  Seems like it would be good then to add DescriptiveLabel to PC3 and set `color: theme.disabledTextColor` there and replace all labels which need such treatment (including here) with it? One problem I see though is how do we achieve the inactive vs. active effect that was now done with the 0.6 : 0.8 trick.

  FWIW I don't mind moving away from opacity, just wanted to check if it'll work right and if we'll be implementing it elsewhere. It will also help us work around the Qt bug whereby label opacity fails with NativeRendering when the dialog is quite transparent.

REPOSITORY
  R112 Milou