D25043: [ResultDelegate] Use theme.disabledColor

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 29 14:22:09 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  @kbroulik we should try to wait if there is an ongoing discussion.

  > I have the latest package installed in KDE Neon Dev Unstable, does it need to be compiled instead for some very recent change?

  Yes, there's a partner patch adding a disabledText role to Plasma theme to bring it in line with kirigami.
  I think Neon builds once every night? If you don't have it your console will be spewing errors saying "no such role"

  >   we have no control over color schemes; they might have dumb values for this color; in fact this is what I get now when testing this patch with Breeze and the Breeze Dark color scheme:

  This is a very valid point, but any colour scheme should define a disabledText colour as QWidgets and Kirigami will be using that.
  Do we have any colour schemes which are used only in plasma?

  > Isn't DescriptiveLabel just a label (a QQC1 based at that) with 0.6 opacity when inactive?

  QQC1 Label and QQC2 labels are both Text directly, so not a huge difference. We should upgrade it though.
  Also yes, we should change DescriptiveLabel

REPOSITORY
  R112 Milou