Request for review

Conny Marco Menebröcker admin at menebroecker-web.de
Mon Feb 17 07:01:30 UTC 2014

Hello Martin,

Am 16.02.2014 17:41, schrieb Martin Klapetek:
> Hey,

Thank you very much for the patch and your comments.
Yesterday, I checked in your patch.

> I tried running it but have no .ics files present so can't really try
> it out. Though your configuration dialog is somewhat too small and
> cannot be resized easily for some reason. One more comment on the
> visuals - if I add the applet is added on the desktop and you have no
> data/must set it up first, it should show some label what to do,
> otherwise it's just an empty Plasma-themed rectangle sitting on your
> desktop :)
I already noticed the issue with the configuration dialog, but couldn't
figure out how to fix it, yet.
I will add the label with one of my next changes.

> Final note, we do not really support Applets based on QGraphicsView
> anymore, the proper way to go is to use QML, which is way superior in
> tech and ease of writing. I think this[1] should be a good way to get
> you started :)
I will read the tutorial and decide afterwards, if I will change something.
I don't know much about QML, I thought it was only a specific
programming language for QT development.
So, currently I don't understand the advantage. But we will see.

> [1] -
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/GettingStarted
>
> Cheers
> --