Request for review

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 08:05:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Conny Marco Menebröcker <
admin at menebroecker-web.de> wrote:

> I will read the tutorial and decide afterwards, if I will change something.
> I don't know much about QML, I thought it was only a specific programming
> language for QT development.
> So, currently I don't understand the advantage. But we will see.

The advantages are:
 * waaaaay simpler code than with QGV
 * it also works way better than QGV (which had lots and lots of quirks)
 * no need to actually compile your code -> faster testing and deployment
 * code is easier to maintain
 * the power of declarative language -> you don't have to be a programmer
to make good UIs

It's not a language for Qt's development, it's a general programming
language anyone can use for anything, based on JavaScript :)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer