Custom plasma shell

Luiz Romário Santana Rios luizromario at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:05:25 CET 2011

2011/2/12 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On Friday, February 11, 2011, Luiz Romário Santana Rios wrote:
> > Well... I see now how it's complex. But what if I removed all this
> complex
> > interaction from my ideas for a (big) while and just wanted to create a
> > more dynamic plasma shell?
>
> i'd say: don't look for permission,

I didn't. I just wanted to check until what point what I want to do is
actually doable and if I was in the right direction.

> just start hacking and see what you come
> up with.

Is this[http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/ShellDesign]
enough to start?

2011/2/12 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>

>  On Saturday 12 February 2011, Luiz Romário Santana Rios wrote:

>  > > > About "Sorry for being the bad guy", there's no problem at all.

 > > > Actually, I want you to show me what's possible and what's not. My

 > > > intention here is not to make a shell that resembles exactly my

 > > > mockups, but rather showing an ideal mockup and see what I can do out

 > > > of it.

 > > > Oh, and thank you guys for the answers. I'm doing some more mockups

 > > > right now, btw.

 > Well... I see now how it's complex. But what if I removed all this
> complex

 > interaction from my ideas for a (big) while and just wanted to create a

>  more complex -> more fun, right? :p

Of course :) But I would put these interactions out of table until I figure
out some way to get them to work -- or near it.

>  > more dynamic plasma shell? I mean, I can't have all geometries of all

 > windows updated at the same time, but I at least can know whether there's

 > any window opened, can't I -- IIRC kdeworkspace provides a list of opened

>  as Aaron said, KWindowSystem should get you *some* of what you need: not

 everything will be feasible but to a certain extent something interesting

 could come out of it.

>  Cheers,

Marco Martin

 Plasma-devel at kde.org

Thank you guys very much. I'll see what can I come up with and I'll report.

--
Luiz Romário Santana Rios