AppletScript & configAccepted

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:57:38 CEST 2008

2008/9/11 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>

> On Thursday 11 September 2008, Richard Dale wrote:
> > Then those wouldn't have any configXml object and this part of the logic
> > would never be entered. I'm afraid I still don't see what the early exit
> > code is doing.
>
> that branch is only entered if there isn't a configXml + UI file. at which
> point
> it falls back to asking the ScriptEngine to do the right thing.
>
> what i do see in that code is that this:
>
> ? ? ? ? if (uiFile.isEmpty()) {
> ? ? ? ? ? ? return;
> ? ? ? ? }
>
> should probably be:
>
> ? ? ? ? if (uiFile.isEmpty()) {
>  ? ? ? ? ? ? if (d->script) {
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? d->script->showConfigurationInterface();
> ? ? ? ? ? ? }
>
> ? ? ? ? ? ? return;
> ? ? ? ? }
>
> otherwise, i'm really not understanding the issue here. could you be more
> verbose (aka "explain it for the stupid people")? =)

My apologies, I misread the code. I thought it was testing for a script
engine if it had successfully opened the .ui file, which meant it would
screw up the automatic display of the dialog. In fact it is only testing for
the scripting engine if it has failed to open the .ui file, which shouldn't
normally happen anyway. Damn, this has been bugging me for no reason every
since I first saw (and misread it).

Anyhow if a .ui file has somehow gone missing when it was originally found
in the package, it is just as bad for a scripting applet as for a c++ one.
But that is very minor compared with the problem I thought we had, but
actually don't..

-- Richard