AppletScript & configAccepted

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 16:47:27 CEST 2008

On Thursday 11 September 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> Applets connect to apply & ok to know when user accepted config, but if
> AppletScript uses configxml there seems to be no way to do that? Maybe
> configAccepted signal in applet? I guess this could be good for Applets too
> so they don't have to rely parent to have ok/apply.

there is a configChanged() signal from KCoreConfigSkeleton as well; we might be
able to use that. it gets emitted when writeConfig() is called... soooo ... we
could do sth like:

* connect d->configXml configChanged to a configChanged signal (or slot?)
* create dialog using d->configXml
* writeConfig gets called by the dialog (for free) and that triggers things

Petri, since you're working on an html based applet, would you mind coming up
with an example patch to the webkit appletscript engine that would work for
you as a consumer of that api?

humru othro a kohnu se