place for design docs

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Jul 13 20:08:07 CEST 2008

Alle 03:45, 13/07/2008, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> thoughts?

Great idea!
Solutions might be many, and varied, let me propose one:

Plain text files, beautified using the well-known markdown syntax [1][2]
hosted on a git repo and automatically HTMLified and published on a server as
webpages (for easier reading) on each git push.

For those scared about git, for this kind of project you should need just a
few (3) commands, pretty close to how you would use SVN:

* git pull -> svn up
* git commit -> commit locally
* git push -> pushes your local commits to the repo [3]

and I'm willing to help nonetheless in case someone has the need. =)

Then, I can provide and I'm willing to write all the magic tricks to realize
it, on ruphy.org at first, but that should be portable almost effortlessly on
p.k.o when/if we feel the need (I even have an account on that server, so I
can migrate it myself). It won't be a too big job either, a couple of hours.

Easy peasy?

Bye,
-Riccardo

[1]
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

[2]
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

[3]
so if you git commit+git push that's what you do with svn ci.

P.S. Won't have internet for another 1½ days, so be patient for my answer:
flying to New York. =)
--
GPG key:
3D0F6376