place for design docs

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 06:38:22 CEST 2008

On July 12, 2008 18:45:43 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all..
>
> i'm wondering if it makes sense to have a place for design documentation
> somewhere (sounds like an obvious "yes!" but ..)

> * would you find this useful? (i know i'd enjoy the historical record, it
> would allow us to build up a set of design documents while we work on
> things, and would let us keep track of designs even when we haven't started
> coding them yet which is nice for those who might like to get involved)

yes, yes, yes. list archives are a huge PITA, doubly so if you weren't
subscribed for the thread in question.

> * where should we host them? (first instinct was the wiki, but then i
> thought inside the source repository itself  ... the latter can be more
> easily accessed offline. both are easier to find things in than the email
> archives)

wiki's easier to edit, and we might be able to enlist the help of people
without svn accounts to gather information... I think if I wanted offline
access to something I'd probably download it (or, being lazy, open it and
hope the browser doesn't need closing).

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com