Plasma does not show all windows in expose or grid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 17:12:01 CEST 2008

Hi J.R.,

On Friday 11 July 2008 16:59:02 J.R. Mauro wrote:
> Using Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4.1 Beta 2 packages (4.0.83).
>
> When I use exposé or desktop grid, I only see the windows from my current
> desktop. In exposé, there is space for the other windows, but they are not
> drawn.
>
> I am using the nvidia-glx-new driver, but as other things (such as
> transparency and the coverflow-like switcher) work, I do not think this is
> a driver bug. Is this a bug in plasma? If so, has it been reported and is
> there a planned solution?

(it's a kwin issue, so CC:ing the kwin list)

This looks a lot like an issue Lubos has just fixed recently. To confirm that:

- Does it work when you uncheck "desktop effects" | General | Advanced Options
  | [ ] Keep thumbnails of hidden windows up to date ?
- Do you see all windows when you "kquitapp plasma" (you can start it again
  with alt+f2 "plasma"),

If so, it looks a lot like the ordering bug that's fixed already, it'll be in
4.1-rc1 packages once they're out.
--
sebas