KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Fri Jul 4 11:19:13 CEST 2008

A Friday 04 July 2008 02:38:57, Chani escreveu:
> On July 3, 2008 18:15:52 pinheiro wrote:
> > A Friday 04 July 2008 00:22:29, Chani escreveu:

> > > err... but plasmoids can go anywhere I want, panel *or* desktop.
> > >
> > > I'd put my systray as a whole on the desktop if it played nice with
> > > dashboard, actually. for a while I did. there are too many icons in
> > > there that just act as a second taskbar. I'd rather have the
> > > actually-useful ones as applets I can put directly on my panel (and
> > > maybe stick some on the screensaver too - kmix specifically)
> >
> > the only problem with that line is that they will probaly not look as
> > cerent
>
> cerent?
coerent sorry
> > as the icons in the system tray do... each applet will want to
> > present itself its hown way. and that usuly leeds to what is preceved has
> > ugly.
>
> random application icons on the panel vs. random application icons on the
> systray... I really don't see there being much of a difference visually,
> apart from not being forced to have them all in one place. so long as
> applets respect the plasma theme, I'd expect them to be *more* consistent.

the plasma theme does not go that far... theming specialy small stuf is not as heasy as saying it, the grund rulles that the systemtry sets as looks go are prety strickt and aply to all of the items, Well at least as we use it :)
I'm not sure applets would do that in fact im prety sure that each apliction would do its hown thing.

In my line of buiness we have a name for that its "O meu castelinho" (my litle castle) what is that? I will explain, every time some one wants to make an house its theyr hown "litle Castle" they want their house to stand out in the midle of the croud, and so they do it, even if flowing the grond defined urbanistic rules for the area, they manage to try to do it, and they dont succed for the only reason that every one else ist trying the same thing.

Individaulay each litle castle is quinda prety, but the urbanistic scenery is an uter mess.

Im not saying we should not folow that path im saying we should be aware of were it might leads us.

Basacly I'm saying we should keep a small lesh on this aspects its very easy that every one wants to do its hown small prety castle.

--

core oxygen icon designer