KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 03:38:57 CEST 2008

On July 3, 2008 18:15:52 pinheiro wrote:
> A Friday 04 July 2008 00:22:29, Chani escreveu:

> > > Yeah I tend to agrea the systemtray nowadays is over populated with
> > > items that could/should not be there. But here are many that should
> > > like kmix, everything that one would like to adjust/view constantly,
> > > the probelem is that the system tray in in the pannel that is allways
> > > visible that, provides the systemtray that bonus. if we remove an
> > > systemtray item from the systemtray  into some were else like the
> > > "desktop" we are making less
> >
> > err... but plasmoids can go anywhere I want, panel *or* desktop.
> >
> > I'd put my systray as a whole on the desktop if it played nice with
> > dashboard, actually. for a while I did. there are too many icons in there
> > that just act as a second taskbar. I'd rather have the actually-useful
> > ones as applets I can put directly on my panel (and maybe stick some on
> > the screensaver too - kmix specifically)
>
> the only problem with that line is that they will probaly not look as
> cerent
cerent?
> as the icons in the system tray do... each applet will want to
> present itself its hown way. and that usuly leeds to what is preceved has
> ugly.

random application icons on the panel vs. random application icons on the
systray... I really don't see there being much of a difference visually,
apart from not being forced to have them all in one place. so long as applets
respect the plasma theme, I'd expect them to be *more* consistent.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com