[Panel-devel] Hello

William Egert begert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:59:07 CET 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 7:39 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Monday 10 December 2007, William Egert wrote:
> > I subscribed to this list awhile ago and am trying to wrap my head
> around
> > stuff and get involved with KDE.  Today was my first adventure in
> actually
>
> welcome to the project =)

Thanks :)

> > It doesn't really fix anything except for maybe some memory leaks, but
> is
> > mainly what I see as some code clean-up.  I was hoping somebody could
> just
> > look it over and tell me if it is decent enough that it is something i
>
> this is sebas' code, but i'll provide a couple of comments anyways:

much appreciated

> - early returns being sloppy or not really depends on two things: personal
> aesthetics and the code itself. if there is a bunch of state setting to be
> done and is therefore duplicated at each return, then yes, it can be
> considered sloppy. if there is no state to reset it can often make the
> code
> rather nicer to read as you don't have great nested blocks of code to
> track.

true, should have removed that comment

> - memory leaks: deleting m_layout isn't necessary. it is owned by the
> dialog
> (setLayout transfers ownership) and so will be deleted when the dialog is.
> the dialog does indeed need to be deleted however. good catch.

good to know!
I also found a bug while using plasmoidviewer (really neat tool)  I will
attach another patch with the fix.  The bug was that you had to click the
clock 3 times for the calendar to be displayed.  This patch fixes the clock,
but it does look like Plasma::Dialog eats up a click event?  For example, if
i click so the calender is displayed, and then click on an open application,
the calendar will hide, but the application did not gain focus.

-Bill