[Owncloud] Accessing php page in app directory

Andreas Ergenzinger Andreas.Ergenzinger at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Jan 23 14:32:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am working on an app that is supposed to allow lazy Shibboleth authentication [1] in ownCloud, using the Shibboleth Service Provider (SP) [2]. For this to work, I need a page where I can access environment variables, read information from the database, and autoforward to the SP's session initiator.

So far I was able to use a php page I had placed in the base directory of my app, however, after my latest update and reboot, this no longer works due to the following rewrite rule in owncloud's .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]

I am a little bit surprised that I didn't encounter this problem sooner, since the htaccess file in the repository has not been changed for two months, I have kept my installation very much up to date, and I have frequently restarted Apache, but anyway ...

How should I proceed? Obvously I could append the rewrite rules in htaccess or move my forwarding page out of my app directory, but that would mean my code is no longer modular.

Could I use OC's routing feature to circumvent the rewriting, or is there any other way?

Thanks,
Andreas

Links:
[1] https://aai-demo.switch.ch/lazy/