[Owncloud] New file search view

Karim Geiger geiger at b1-systems.de
Fri Jan 18 15:45:30 UTC 2013

Hi Timmeeeeeh,

On 01/18/2013 04:36 PM, Tim Hinkes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> first of all GREAT work :-)
>
> But i have a suggestion.
>
> I uploaded a lot of conflict files(produced by the owncloud sync
> client)  to my owncloud. Now i want them deleted. So i mounted the root
> of my owncloud into some folder on my laptop. No i tried a find ./ -name
> "*conflict-2013*" -delete. This is working, but it is really slow and
> needs much ressources on the webserver, coz it has to handly all there
> calls by the sabre dav php stuff.
>
> i thought... what about deleting it on the server side without all these
> webdav calls.
>
> I used the search field for searching for these conflict files and found
> (not suprisingly) a lot of them.
> I hoped i could get some kind of "folder" view of these
> search-term-matching files, to just click "select-all" and delete, like
> in normal folders, but it just gives me a "list"
>
> So. What about building a folder view for the search results? coz
> folders in OC are no physical folders but virtual folders, it should be
> not that complicated to build a new temporary virtual folder for search
> results. This folder could use the normal folder view and methods, so i
> could just select-all and delete them

That's a great thought.. Let's think about that a bit further and add
some kind of labels to the files and add the possibility to filter the
files for these labels.
So let's say I have a file "a" with the label "x" and "y" and a file "b"
with "y" and "z".

Now if I open the virtual folder "y" it shows me "a" and "b". But if I
open up "z" it just shows "b". That could be extended by combining
labels and so on..

I think this would be a huge improvement and might be realy useful in
many cases.

What do you think about that idea?

Regards

Karim