[Owncloud] Migrating 3rd party apps into ownclouds github repository

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:25:05 UTC 2013

I agree with Jan about not moving 3rdapps to owncloud/apps.

Jan, what you say applies also to the apps that are already there.
Would it make sense to move each app in its own repository? (I am
talking even about those that used to be in the core, i.e., Contacts,
Calendar, ...)
Now it's not clear how the repository should be tagged, since not all
the apps there follow the same versioning. And, as you said, there are
additional problems: mess in the commits log, in the issue tracker,

Besides the initial pain of moving each app to a new repositories,
what would the disadvantages be?