[Owncloud] Multiple Instances on one server

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Fri Feb 15 09:32:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 15 February 2013 10:07:03 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> I could upstream some code I wrote for a customer that reads an environment
> variable to determine which config to read. If it is set to 'test'
> .../config.php will become .../config.test.php

independant of the question if such strategy makes sense at all:

wouldn't it be better to keep that logic inside the config file? As to have
more than a single config section in there and simply switch between them by
evaluating an environment variable? The default branch could point to one
instance or an error (both makes sense). And one could still include different
files from there if that design appears more modular.
The advantage of keeing the switch inside the config file is that it reduces
confusion about why suddenly the changes I made in the config file don't
apply. It keeps configuration at a single place.

Cust my 2 cents...

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]