[Owncloud] Multiple Instances on one server

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Thu Feb 14 11:12:18 UTC 2013

On Thursday 14 February 2013 11:51:47 Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2013 21:42:52 Christian Reiner wrote:
> > In the end it both boils down to the same system serving both instances,
> > yo
> > need two databases and two installation folders.
>
> Wouldn't it be sufficient to just use different config files for each server
> name or path but still use the same owncloud installation?

Currently ownCloud stores the config folder inside the application base
folder. So I'd expect it to looks for the configphp file inside that physical
location, but I might be wrong here. You'd have to create a switch inside that
config file to change its behaviour depending on how it was called. Sounds
ugly to me. Instead it might be worth to examine how the config folder/file is
located and included. Maybe you can create some means that directs towards the
correct version depending on request attributes.
Apaches mod_env or mod_env_if come to thought to modify the processes
environment acordingly.

Not sure though...

--
Christian Reiner (arkascha)