[Owncloud] Any publicity is good publicity..?

hemathor hemathor at gmx.de
Sat Dec 15 14:41:16 UTC 2012

On Saturday 15 December 2012 14:41:46 Frank Karlitschek wrote:

> On 15.12.2012, at 13:54, hemathor <hemathor at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 15 December 2012 03:05:12 Michael Grosser wrote:
> >> funny thing,
> >>
> >> hope we will make a great 5.0 release and really test it badly this time...
> >
> > with emphasis on 'this time'? ;)
> >

> >> with a lot of new working features.
> >> so we can even please the mainstream :D
> >
> > and please, please, please (prettyplease with a cherry on top): check the client syncing (here: on linux) thoroughly! it still messes up a lot of my files and pollutes it with myriads of conflict-files... and i have just one server and two clients, which don't even access/change files at the same time (apart from the csync client)...
> >
> > but still good work, anyway. i just have the impression that you guys want too much in too little time, instead of having something, that works rocksolid, and then go from there... but who cares what i think...
> >

> Well Klaas, Danimo and a few others are working full time and super hard on the clients.

i'm sorry, if i offended someone... i really like the idea of owncloud and i am grateful for all your work!
but as i said, focussing on things to work reliably (which i think is _the_ most important thing especially regarding syncing) instead of adding features wouldn't do any harm at all.

> But more help is always appreciated. For example testing under all possible conditions with good step by step description of possible bugs is a huge help.
> So if you want to contribute feel free to help :-)

believe it or not, i already thought of it... ;) ask me again after march 2013, then i might have more time to do so.

greetings...