[Owncloud] Any publicity is good publicity..?

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Sat Dec 15 15:41:22 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM, hemathor <hemathor at gmx.de> wrote:

> i'm sorry, if i offended someone... i really like the idea of owncloud and
> i am grateful for all your work!
> but as i said, focussing on things to work reliably (which i think is
> _the_ most important thing especially regarding syncing) instead of adding
> features wouldn't do any harm at all.

It's true that in the past we weren't very rigorous with focusing strictly
on stability. This is because ownCloud started out as an open source
project and quickly grew with lots of volunteers having different ambitions
and opinions.
Now through the company people are invested in it full-time, hear the bugs
users report and need to fix them - instead of people just working on "cool
new stuff" in their free time without really worrying how it will affect
actual users. Quality is going up from here, but of course it will not
happen with the snap of a finger.

> > But more help is always appreciated. For example testing under all
> possible conditions with good step by step description of possible bugs is
> a huge help.
> > So if you want to contribute feel free to help :-)
>
> believe it or not, i already thought of it... ;) ask me again after march
> 2013, then i might have more time to do so.

Awesome!