[Owncloud] mysql database engine

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Tue Apr 17 22:57:03 UTC 2012

My personal opinion is that we give the users a choice between InnoDB and
MyISAM. There are a number of reasons (although fewer by the day) that some
users may still want to use MyISAM - One example of this is that InnoDB
tables are inherently larger, very noticable on scaling installations...

I do however agree that InnoDB should be the default as it carries the
least performance overhead in the long run and could save a lot of
headaches.

Cheers,
Kenny.