[Owncloud] Re: owncloud for non-techs

Jeff Gibbs jeffkgibbs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:46:30 UTC 2011

Hello Nikku,

Your reason for trying owncloud, is the same reason I started using it.  You
want to be able to securely access your data from multiple locations.

1. The only install documentation we have so far is this:
http://owncloud.org/index.php/Installation#Windows
You should know that installing this application will require setting up
your own webserver (like apache or IIS).  There are many websites with
installation instructions for those webservers.

2. Yes, you can run owncloud on Windows 7.  Owncloud is not specific to just
Linux.

3. Owncloud is accessible from any device with internet access.  This
includes Blackberry, iPhone, Android phones, and any smart phone.  You can
either use the web interface to access owncloud or any webdav client.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

- Jeff Gibbs