D14620: SymbolView: Add expand and parameter options to popup menu

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 5 22:11:51 BST 2018

sars added a comment.

  In D14620#303899 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14620#303899>, @loh.tar wrote:

  > Do you miss the update in D14518 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14518> too?
  >
  > > The changes in the settings page is permanent, while the changes in the popup-menu is temporary -> I don't want to get rid of the settings page.
  >
  > As said, it can/will be saved automatic. Then it is permanent and that page useless.

  That would work differently from the rest of KTextEditor options, which would not be a good thing.

  >> do we need actionTriggered()?
  >
  > Yes. Doing so in parseSymbols() is unneeded often

  But we are not there yet. Now we have bool+action -> action change. The actionTriggered() seems to be part of a change that you have in mind to do but have not presented yet.

  >> if I manually toggle the tree it should stay that way also if the document is changed.
  >
  > That's how it will be work

  Nice :)

  > As said, I want for each parser/document type independent saved settings

  If we would save the state for each plugin and type separately, this m_expandOn action is not needed at all... And again saving the settings directly from the popup would be different from the rest of Kate where popup menus only are temporary changes.

  >> At the moment it expands/collapses all the tree-nodes.
  >
  > This is how it works. All or nothing. There is no other possibility
  >
  >> I did not want the name-change ;)
  >
  > Anyone else out there who like my patch D14611 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14611>?

  Regards,

    Kåre