[Kroupware] Another name for "Kroupware"

Steffen Hansen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:30:13 +0200

* Andreas Pietzowski <andreas@pietzowski.de> [Sep 23. 2002 23:32]:
> Hi,
>
> I just read on
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kroupware/2002-September/000019.html that you
> are open for name-suggestions on "Kroupware" (because in my opinion
> "Kroupware" is a bad name, too).
>
> My suggestion: "Longsight"
>
> My reason:
> A "konqueror" is more powerful than an "explorer" and you can get more
> information with a "long sight" than with just an "outlook".
>
> (I don't know if it is correct in english but in the german language
> "Outlook" is called "Aussicht" and "long sight" is called "Weitsicht".)
>
> Just an idea *g*, what do you think?
> Pietz

The name "Longsight" doesn't "taste right" for me, but I like the
reasoning behind it a lot :-) Maybe we can come up with a different name
that follows a similar reasoning.

What would "Longsight" be in latin, greek, spanish, italian, russian,
japanese, esperanto and so on? Maybe one of translations sound cool.

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk