[Kroupware] Re: [Kde-pim] Kaplan: The road ahead

Don Sanders kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:18:31 +1000

Sorry for the delay.

> But I guess we can't rely on that then :-(
>
> Actually, if the server (cyrus imapd) assigns a new UidValidity to
> the folder when it changes while open, it would explain why I lost
> all my mail on my test-account a couple of times while hacking the
> IMAP code...
>
> Would it be true that we wont have the problems if we always (if
> possible) open the folder read/write?

Unfortunately I don't know, IMAP being the area of KMail that I know
least well.

I guess the point I wanted to make is cyrus seems to be one of the
better IMAP servers out there, so what works for cyrus won't
necessarily work for other servers.

> When our sync. code works,
> the first thing it will do is to upload new messages from the local
> cache to the server, which should open the folder in read/write
> mode.

OK. I follow your design choice with interest, for virtual folders I
need to apply virtual folder filters to all discovered mail whether
local, pop or imap.

Don.