Icons Layout and Previews

Benoit Walter b.walter at free.fr
Thu Nov 6 13:48:09 GMT 2003

Thanks for the comments, this new patch should at least solve the problem of
overlapped pictures of your attached screenshot. Can you confirm it?

For the other test, I wrote a small bash script that does what you explained,
but I don't really see the point, why recreate 1000 times the same empty
file? Is it related to my patch? No preview should be generated for an empty
file...

PS: By the way, what do you think of the solution currently implemented in the
file save/open dialog? Before starting to generate preview, the icon is set
to the size of the preview. This avoid updating the view when the thumbnail
is shown, which means less flickering.