KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

Frank Nichols frank at theNichols.net
Thu Sep 28 12:14:22 BST 2000

It seems there are several combinations of this thread. The common point
is using KDevelop 1.x.

I am trying to build KDE2 apps using KDevelop 1.2-20000909 on SuSE 7.0
with KDE1 installed in /opt/kde and KDE2 installed in /opt/kde2. QT 1.4x
is installed in /ust/lib/qt and QT 2.x is isntalled in /usr/lib/qt2.

I have managed to get the KDE2 normal template to build after playing
with the environment and KDevelop path settings. Now, I have another
problem.

When I try to execute the application I get an error:

BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
Assertion 'needed != ((void*)0)' failed.

Can someone clue me in on what this is trying to tell me? My assumption
is that the application is being loaded and the wrong lib's are being
used? Or is it telling me I have whacked my dynamic loader?

TIA

/fn