KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Tue Sep 26 21:52:12 BST 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> [...]

Don't think that'll make a difference, but try it and see :-)

> > kdevelop1 script
> > ************cut***************
> > export KDEDIR=/opt/kde-qt1
> > export QTDIR=/opt/qt-1.44
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde-qt1/lib:/opt/qt-1.44/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
> >     /opt/kde-qt1/bin/kdevelop
> > ************cut***************
>
> Yep. Got something like this. I can run KDevelop 1.2 fine (although it
> doesn't have any toolbar icons).

cp -rpd /opt/kde1/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop kde/share/doc/HTML/en
cp -rpd /opt/kde1/share/apps/kdevelop/tools kde/share/apps/kdevelop
cp -rpdf /opt/kde1/share/apps/kdevelop kde/share/apps

gets most of them - just a few are missing

> > Are you sure you want to do this? kde2 is just around the corner... If
>
> you're
>
> > running kde2, I'd start developing for kde2.
>
> Well, I have an existing KDE1 application, Katy
> (http://katy.sourceforge.net/), which I would like to tidy up for a last
> release as a useable KDE1 application and then port it to KDE2. But I don't
> want to revert to a KDE1 desktop just to be able to compile KDE1
> applications.

I have a kde1 usr and a kde2 usr. The local profiles determine which system I
use. There are some scripts floating about that does as well. I'd just switch
to kde1 usr to do kde1 and kde2 to ... well you get the picture. Trouble is
kde2 _is_ fun, isn't it :-)

post the error message when (if) you get one