KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Tue Sep 26 09:21:08 BST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: John Birch <jbb at kdevelop.org>
To: <kdevelop at kdevelop.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 26 September 2000 15:45
Subject: Re: KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, you wrote:

CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=$KDEDIR/include:$QTDIR/include:/usr/local/include:$CPLUS_
INCLUDE_PATH

Does gcc/configure use CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH? I.e. I can put
/usr/lib/kde1-compat/include directory at the beginning of
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH for compiling KDE1 apps?

> kdevelop1 script
> ************cut***************
> export KDEDIR=/opt/kde-qt1
> export QTDIR=/opt/qt-1.44
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde-qt1/lib:/opt/qt-1.44/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH \
>     /opt/kde-qt1/bin/kdevelop
> ************cut***************

Yep. Got something like this. I can run KDevelop 1.2 fine (although it
doesn't have any toolbar icons).

> > > And could someone give me some advice on developing for KDE1 on a
> > > (primarily) KDE2 system?
>
> Are you sure you want to do this? kde2 is just around the corner... If
you're
> running kde2, I'd start developing for kde2.

Well, I have an existing KDE1 application, Katy
(http://katy.sourceforge.net/), which I would like to tidy up for a last
release as a useable KDE1 application and then port it to KDE2. But I don't
want to revert to a KDE1 desktop just to be able to compile KDE1
applications.

I'll try that CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH thing. It sounds promising 8)

Ciao,
Gordon