KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

Geiser, Ian geiseri at msoe.edu
Tue Sep 26 01:44:02 BST 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Gordon Tyler wrote:
Dont worry i have been posting this for months and no-one can seem to
figure out how to fix it.  i have just given up and am waiting for
KDevelop 2.

-ian reinhart geiser

> I'm running KDE2 RC2 (version as 1.94 I believe) on a Mandrake 7.1 system
> and I have managed to get KDevelop to run using the kde1-compat RPMs that
> come with the KDE2 Mandrake beta RPMs. But there's a wee problem when it
> comes to compiling KDE1 applications in that they always see the KDE2
> headers and I can never get any KDE1 application to compile. I've fiddled
> with the configure script to modify the way it searches for include
> directories but the test compile for that configure item always fails. The
> config.log says that gcc can't find the definitions for
> KApplication::geticondir() and all the other associated static methods in
> Kapplication which this little test app uses.
>
> Have the KDK RPMs been updated at all since KDevelop 1.2 was released?
>
> And could someone give me some advice on developing for KDE1 on a
> (primarily) KDE2 system?
>
> Thanks,
> Gordon
>
> --- Codito, ergo sum - I code, therefore I am ---
> Gordon Tyler <gtyler at iafrica.com>
> PGP key available on request

| Ian Reinhart Geiser - Computer Engineering Student|
| HOME: <geiseri at msoe.edu>                          |
| WORK: <geiseri at linuxppc.com>                      |
| WEB:  http://www.msoe.edu/~geiseri                |