KDevelop 1 build (and building KDE1 apps under KDE2)

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Tue Sep 26 01:06:35 BST 2000

I'm running KDE2 RC2 (version as 1.94 I believe) on a Mandrake 7.1 system
and I have managed to get KDevelop to run using the kde1-compat RPMs that
come with the KDE2 Mandrake beta RPMs. But there's a wee problem when it
comes to compiling KDE1 applications in that they always see the KDE2
headers and I can never get any KDE1 application to compile. I've fiddled
with the configure script to modify the way it searches for include
directories but the test compile for that configure item always fails. The
config.log says that gcc can't find the definitions for
KApplication::geticondir() and all the other associated static methods in
Kapplication which this little test app uses.

Have the KDK RPMs been updated at all since KDevelop 1.2 was released?

And could someone give me some advice on developing for KDE1 on a
(primarily) KDE2 system?

Thanks,
Gordon

--- Codito, ergo sum - I code, therefore I am ---
Gordon Tyler <gtyler at iafrica.com>
PGP key available on request