KDev bug: 'make dist' missing an .am file

Beal, Stephan Stephan.Beal at COMPAQ.COM
Fri May 12 12:58:57 BST 2000

Here's a new KDevelop bug which just popped up on my machine, and I can see
no reason for it. Here's the story:

"Make distribution" has always worked great for me until the past couple
days, I _think_ since I upgraded to KDev 1.2 (but have since gone back to
1.1, hoping to kill this problem - with no luck). Now when I go to make a
distribution (via the menu or "make dist"), I get the following error very
early in the process:

automake: /usr/home/wander/qub/qub-0.2.8.am:
'/usr/home/wander/qub/qub-0.2.8.am' does not exist.

(qub, obviously, is the name of my project)

No, the file does not exist, but I've never gotten this with the 7 other
revisions I've released before 0.2.8 and the file didn't exist then, either.
Looking at the dist rule in Makefile I can see no reference to any .am files
except for Makefile.am, so I'm at a complete loss about why it would do
this.

I've tried copying Makefile.am to qub-0.2.8.am, then I get an error about a
missing qub-0.2.8.in.

I'm at a loss.

I'm running Suse 6.4, by the way, with custom-compiled KDE 1.1.2 (nothing
special, though).

Any ideas for getting around this?

One other thing which I'm trying to figure out how to do: I have stripped
all KDE dependencies from my code, and I now want to make the project NOT
look for KDE includes and libs during configure. Is there a way to do this
via KDev? I tried generating a new (Plain QT) project, but configure.in
still calls out for the KDE stuff. Simply unchecking the linking of the KDE
libs doesn't do it, and the macro in configure.in which does this also says
it does the QT checking, which I don't want to go away (thus I don't wanna
kill that macro). Since KDev 1.2 supports GNOME development, I'm assuming
that it has a way of not requiring the KDE libs be included in everything,
but I can't find it. Ideas?

:)

----- Stephan Beal
Generic Technically-Inclined Employee
Compaq EMEA Consumer Product Development Center
+49 (89) 9392 4922
http://pdcweb/preplan and http://155.61.104.229 (Only Within Compaq)
"Fear can stop you loving. Love can stop your fear." -- Morcheeba