Doctreeview hacking, and question about 1.1 & 2.0

Carson, David DCarson at nine.com.au
Fri Mar 10 00:15:12 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a hack at the Documentation Browser in KDevelop,
initially just to allow you to add books into the Others folder, and then
items into the books, rather than being limited to only items in the folder.

Anyway, I'm working on the KDevelop-1.1 source, and I see from the CVS
browser that nobody has changed the files I'm working on (doctreeview.cpp,
doctreeview.h) for some months, so I guess I'm not stepping on any toes
there. But I have had no success trying to grab a snapshot of KDevelop-2.0
source (FTP keeps dying after a couple of hundred Kb and I can't resume from
within my lame network), so I don't know if any work is being done there.

So, my questions:

* Is anyone making changes in KDevelop-2.0 that I should know about before I
go fiddling with doctreeview.cpp?

* If so, is it worth making this small improvement to KDevelop-1.1 ? I see
in a message from Ralf Nolden that there is some plans to make a further
update release to 1.1, although he called it "a bugfix /
internationalization update release" so maybe a new feature is not welcome?
:-)

Oh, and extra question: KDevelop 2.0 is for running under and developing for
KDE 2.0 solely, yes? Do we have any idea when the KDE team hopes to have 2.0
out? (yeah, I know, "when it's done".. but does anyone have even a hint for
me?)

Cheers!
David...