Installing kdk's kdelibdocs_kdoc2, exec-prefix woe

Matt Gumbley mgumbley at enigmadata.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 15:18:11 GMT 2000

Walter,

"W. Tasin" wrote:

> Matt Gumbley wrote:
> > > really strange... hmmm... the documentation will be installed under
> > > /opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs
> > > Maybe you have to set the documentation path manually inside KDevelop,
> > > because your "old" kdevelop configuration does still point on the wrong
> > > directory.
> >
> > I tried this(Options/Kdevelop Setup/Documentation, changing
> > KDE-Libraries-Doc), but kdevelop said that it doesn't lead to the
> > correct path.
>
> Arrgghhh... ok I know your porblem... it's the make (or maybe automake),
> which should work with the $(wildcard *.html) but it doesn´t...
> On almost all the other machines it works fine...

It's GNU Make, 3.77.

> so please try this package and let me know how this works:
> ftp://129.187.206.68/pub/unix/ide/kdelibdocs_kdoc2-1.1.1.tar.gz
>
> if this works I will do the same to c_cpp-reference... if not I have to
> rethink also on this :-(

Sorry Walter - I unpacked this at the same level as kdelibdocs_kdoc2 in
my kdk-1.1 source tree, configured as usual, did make, then make
install, but no luck - still no files got copied to
/opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs (directories still got created there
though)

I'm staring at Makefile.am in (say) kdecore), and can't see why it won't
copy the files (but then, I'm no autoconf/automake expert).

Kind Regards,
Matt
--
Matt J. Gumbley,  Software Engineer | Enigma Data Systems Ltd.
Email: mgumbley at enigmadata.co.uk    | Chelsea House, 8-14 The Broadway,