Installing kdk's kdelibdocs_kdoc2, exec-prefix woe

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 3 13:26:52 GMT 2000

Matt Gumbley wrote:

> > sorry but patching this won´t help...
> > I even want to know where your kwm is installed... and where your KDEDIR
> > env. variable
> > points to...
> >
> > how do you invoke configure ?? which additional parameter do you apply?
>
> After my patch, the configure "worked" (i.e. didn't drop out saying that
> it couldn't find kwm).

Yes... that's right... but i wouldn't be a common solution because
configure will be generated from autoconf... which you as user of a
package don't need.

> I used:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --exec-prefix=/opt/kde/Sol2

I see... let me think about it...
looking in the configure.in the searching of kwm leeds to prefix not to
exec-prefix... this lacks... but this directory will only be used if
there are no sgml-tools on the machine...
I will try to work out a common solution...

> > really strange... hmmm... the documentation will be installed under
> > /opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs
> > Maybe you have to set the documentation path manually inside KDevelop,
> > because your "old" kdevelop configuration does still point on the wrong
> > directory.
>
> I tried this(Options/Kdevelop Setup/Documentation, changing
> KDE-Libraries-Doc), but kdevelop said that it doesn't lead to the
> correct path.

Arrgghhh... ok I know your porblem... it's the make (or maybe automake),
which should work with the $(wildcard *.html) but it doesn´t...
On almost all the other machines it works fine...

so please try this package and let me know how this works:
ftp://129.187.206.68/pub/unix/ide/kdelibdocs_kdoc2-1.1.1.tar.gz

if this works I will do the same to c_cpp-reference... if not I have to
rethink also on this :-(

> Kind regards,
>
> Matt.

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)