Installing kdk's kdelibdocs_kdoc2, exec-prefix woe

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Thu Mar 2 19:31:14 GMT 2000

Matt Gumbley wrote:

Hi Matt,

> Hi, sorry if either of these are FAQ's (in which case, where's the FAQ
> for kdevelop?)
>
> I've downloaded the kdk-1.1, and noticed the following two problems...
>
> 1) if your exec-prefix != prefix, configure stops during configuration
> of kdesgmltools, complaining that it can't find your kwm. Changing lines
> 789 and 790 of kdesgmltools/configure to:
>
> if test -n "/usr/local/kde/bin /opt/local/kde/bin $KDEDIR/bin
> $exec_prefix/bin"; then
>  for dir in /usr/local/kde/bin /opt/local/kde/bin $KDEDIR/bin
> $exec_prefix/bin; do

sorry but patching this won´t help...
I even want to know where your kwm is installed... and where your KDEDIR
env. variable
points to...

how do you invoke configure ?? which additional parameter do you apply?

> Fixes it for me (sorry, no diff available)
>
> 2) I've installed with make install, but this doesn't seem to have
> installed the prebuilt kdelibs documentation. make install in
> kdelibdocs_kdoc2 doesn't seem to do anything other than create
> directories to hold the docs (under /opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en, which I
> assume is fine). What's wrong? Is there some magic Makefile target
> that'll do it all?

really strange... hmmm... the documentation will be installed under
/opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs
Maybe you have to set the documentation path manually inside KDevelop,
because your "old" kdevelop configuration does still point on the wrong
directory.

Has the c_cpp_reference been installed correctly? to check this have a
look at
/opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop/reference
there have to be three directories C, CPLUSPLUS, GRAPHICS

> Help! Can't wait to start using kdk!
> --
> Matt J. Gumbley,  Software Engineer | Enigma Data Systems Ltd.
> Email: mgumbley at enigmadata.co.uk    | Chelsea House, 8-14 The Broadway,
> Tel: +44 (0)1444 476500 |  Direct:  | Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
> Fax: +44 (0)1444 476501 |  476510   | RH16 3AP England.

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)