Bugs

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.de
Thu Mar 2 09:38:53 GMT 2000

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the new KDevelop version 1.1 and have detected two
> bugs:
>
> Project/Add existing files
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> When double-clicking a file, the dialog closes but no files are added
> to the project. In my opinion the whole file selection process is not
> working as a normal user (like me) will expect it. What about that
> way:
> I think that's the way the Microsoft dialog works and not all of
> Microsoft inventions are bad. It's confusing when selecting a file and
> the filename edit box stays empty. The open button should also be
> disabled if the filename edit box is empty.

Yes, you are right. The behavior of this dialog is very strange, but there is no
other filedialog for KDE1.1 with multiple fileselection. :-(

> New Project
> ~~~~~~~~~~~

> By the way: In my opinion it will be usefull to ALLOW project creation
> in an existing directory. What about turning the error message into a
> warning like "The Directory already exists. Continue?"

This was implemented in previous KDevelop version, but we got bugreports like
"KDevelop deleted all my files!!":-(  We decided to disable this "feature" to
prevent file deletion by KDevelop.

Ciao!
Sandy

--