Bugs

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Thu Mar 2 10:09:05 GMT 2000

Am Don, 02 Mär 2000 schrieben Sie:

> Yes, you are right. The behavior of this dialog is very strange, but there is no
> other filedialog for KDE1.1 with multiple fileselection. :-(

Talking about the 'add files dialog'

Maybe too late for Ver1.1 but surely interesting for 2.0: The
likelyhood the user stays in a certain directory at a certain function
is much higher than the user will change completely path and thus
apreciate to be thrown back to the HOME directory.
My suggestion: Each file dialog remembers it's last position. A great
help would be to take the project default path, for now.

> > New Project
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> > By the way: In my opinion it will be usefull to ALLOW project creation
> > in an existing directory. What about turning the error message into a
> > warning like "The Directory already exists. Continue?"
>
> This was implemented in previous KDevelop version, but we got bugreports like
> "KDevelop deleted all my files!!":-(  We decided to disable this "feature" to
> prevent file deletion by KDevelop.

How about allowing but asking what to do for each file as the 'add
files dialog' does?

oliver

--
Ingenieure Kellermann, Voigt, Hoepfl, Eichler und Weidner

DSP Solutions                  http://www.dspsolutions.de