Here we go again

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Wed Mar 1 18:16:33 GMT 2000

I installed 1.1, that was a mistake !

Once again I'm faced with an ancient problem. Namely 'checking for Qt...
configure: error: Qt- 1.4 (libraries) not found. Please check your
installation!  ***failed***'

Surely after this much time it would be possible to tell kdevelop where to find
libraries, include files etc.. Stuff the idea of setting QTDIR, this has NEVER
worked !

So, hopefully I looked, and guess what ! I can tell it where to find Qt2 but
not Qt-1.4 !!!

The old method was to randomly re-install gcc, libstdc++, Qt and kdevelop
until it magically started working. Several days later and this method no
longer appears to work.

Working with kdevelop has once again become very frustrating !

Owen