Where is C/C++ Reference?

Henning Folger Henning.Folger at unix-ag.org
Thu Jan 27 10:28:46 GMT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Sandy Meier wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 you wrote:
> > When I click on the item in the help menu "C/C++-Reference" I get an
> > error that says I need to download from www.kdevelop.org the file named
> > c_c++_reference.tar.gz but when I go to www.kdevelop.org I cannot find
> > where that file is.  Could you tell me exactly where I can download that
> > file?  Also the error message says to untar it in the KDE directory, but
> > I am not sure where my KDE directory is.  I looked in the archives of
> > this email list and found where someone had also asked where the KDE
> > directory is, but I could not find a clear answer to that question.
> > The distro I have installed is Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 and KDE was
> > installed when I installed the distro.  T
>

> 2) your kdedir location should be stored in the KDEDIR variable ( "echo
> $KDEDIR"), on most distributions it is /opt/kde or /usr/ .
>
> Ciao!
> Sandy

Hello,
i have troubles with this docu, too.
I tarred it at /opt/kde successfully, but KDevelop 1.1 is not able to
access it. Under the 1.0 Beta-releases this was no problem, but starting
with 1.0 there was no chance to see it. After tarred the docu and starting
KDevelop again, it prompted me to install the docu.... ???

Ciao
Henning