Where is C/C++ Reference?

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jan 25 14:25:45 GMT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 you wrote:
> When I click on the item in the help menu "C/C++-Reference" I get an
> error that says I need to download from www.kdevelop.org the file named
> c_c++_reference.tar.gz but when I go to www.kdevelop.org I cannot find
> where that file is.  Could you tell me exactly where I can download that
> file?  Also the error message says to untar it in the KDE directory, but
> I am not sure where my KDE directory is.  I looked in the archives of
> this email list and found where someone had also asked where the KDE
> directory is, but I could not find a clear answer to that question.
> The distro I have installed is Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 and KDE was
> installed when I installed the distro.  T

Hi!

1)You can download the C/C++ Reference from a ftp server. e.g.
ftp://129.187.206.68/pub/unix/ide/KDevelop/documentation/c_c++_reference.tar.gz

2) your kdedir location should be stored in the KDEDIR variable ( "echo
$KDEDIR"), on most distributions it is /opt/kde or /usr/ .

Ciao!
Sandy

--
email: smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de  ICQ: 27681958