New KDE2Alpha binaries available 01252000

Christopher Molnar molnarc at nebsllc.com
Wed Jan 26 12:52:32 GMT 2000

Hello!

I have built a new set of binary distributions based on
a CVS snapshot at 8:00am EST 1-25-2000. I have created
both a RPM and a -BIN.TAR.GZ distribution.

To those who have downloaded QTCOPY dated 01-19-2000 -
You do not need to update this. Continue using the same
qt copy. (file name qtcopy-01192000). This should save
you some download time.

These binaries are ALPHA code so the only guarantee you
have is that they will take up hard drive space.

Please read the README in the FTP / HTTPD directory
before downloading anything.

These binaries are know to work on Redhat 6.1, Mandrake
6.1, and SuSe 6.3, and I think someone got them working
on Caldera (no idea which build). If you get them
working on something else other than what I just
listed, please let me know so I can add them to the
list.

You MUST install:

Qtcopy (or leave it installed)
KDESUPPORT
KDELIBS
KDEBASE

And then whatever else you desire.

RPM - You will most likely need to use the --nodeps
flag and the --force flags. Make sure you install qt
copy first.

For those upgrading from my last distribution: To be
safe you make want to:

Mv /opt/kde2 /opt/kde2.old

Prior to doing this install. That way you still have
your last version. Of course you can do what I do and
just over-write it or delete it.

So, where do you find this great stuff?

ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2/current

or

http://www.nebsllc.com  and follow the links for kde2
alpha code.

I monitor the kde users list (mailto:
kde at lists.netcentral.net) and (mailto:kde-
user at lists.netcentral.net ) if you need help. I can not
reply to all the personal emails that I get, please
write to the list first.