Error while creating KDE programs in kdevelop

Rene M�rten delta_x at gmx.net
Wed Jan 26 18:16:16 GMT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> Sir,
>
>      I had installed kdevelop-1.0 beta4 on my RedHat 6.1, Official
> release. I installed kdevelop 1.0 beta4. The program installed normally.
> However when i tried to create a program using the App Wizard, in KDE
> Normal, i get the following error.
>

>             checking  for KDE......
>             librraries /usr/lib headers /usr/include/kde
>             checking for extra includes.......
>             no
>             checking for extra libraries...........
>             no
>             checking for KDE headers installed........
>             yes
>             checking for KDE libraries installed........
>             configure files............
>             processing index.sgml
>             READY
>
>     At the bottom message screen i get the following error:
>
>             configure :error: your program fails at linking a small
> KDE application !
>             check if your compiler is installed correctly, and if you
> have used the same
>             compiler to compile Qt and KDE libraries as you did use now.
>
>     After i click the exit button of the Wizard the files are shown
> listed normally in their windows.
>     obviously when i try to compile the program, i get error messages
> that kapp.h was not found and so on.
>     I have checked my system and all seems to be normal.
>
>     I then downloaded kdevelop 1.1_beta 1.0 from your ftp site from
> /pub/kdevelop/binaries/Redhat6.1/ and installed it on my system. Again
> the same error comes up.
>
>     I would be glad if you can tell me what is wrong and how i can
> rectify the problem.
>
>     But when i try the Wizard to create a program in Qt there is no
> problem, and i am able to create,edit ,compile and run  the program
> without any problems.
>
>     I do not use any other OS on my machine. I have a PIII 450 Mhz, 128
> MB RAM, 4.3 GB HDD, with aN Intel 440 ZX motherboard.
>
>     The same error comes up if i try to compile and install any gzipped
> application for KDE.
>
>     An early reply would be greately appreciated.

You must have installed the kde-includefiles See in $KDEDIR/
there must be a directory named include.
without it your kdevelop cant create anything like kdeapps

--
Kind Regards

Rene Maerten
E-Mail: Delta_X at LinuxCoding.de
Home:   http://www.LinuxCoding.de
Don't buy Windows Beta 2000, just try Linux !
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature file to help mespread!