KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory? Why are we using this method?

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Wed Jan 26 10:23:18 GMT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Hello
> This is my second attempt at gettng an answer that seems like a
> BUG in the KDevelop source code.  I have asked on the kde-dev list why
> KFileDialog is not derived from QFileDialog and I got an answer that

There is a simple answer to that question: The QFileDialog is not very good
designed (it looks like the Windows' which is apart from the Find-Dialog the
worst design in win). So the KDE-Team developed their own dialog which IMHO
looks much better and is easier to use.
And don't complain about KDevelop2 not compiling, it's not even alpha software
but more a playground for us developers :-) We actually try to keep it
compilable but there are often changes in the KDE2-API and nobody of the
KDevelop-Developers wants to upgrade/compile/install their KDE2-CVS every
hour.

Martin
--
The following sentence is true.