KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory? Why are we using this method?

Maniac Maniac at alltel.net
Wed Jan 26 07:46:15 GMT 2000

Hello
This is my second attempt at gettng an answer that seems like a
BUG in the KDevelop source code.  I have asked on the kde-dev list why
KFileDialog is not derived from QFileDialog and I got an answer that

kde-dev Message-ID: <388D5EC0.2445BF06 at under.world>

>> QFileDialog is QT's file dialog with a completely different design than
>> KFileDialog which is the "official KDE one".
>> -Malte

Why are we using this method?  I have successfully got it to compile with
#define getExistingDirectory getDirectory
but I'm not confident that this is the correct fix.
 I have looked at the source code for KFileDialog and it is derived from
QDialog and not QFileDialog.
Do I have to continually hack the source code or is this BUG going to continue?

My KDE 2 is cvsupped at least every 48 hours and I just cvsupped KDevelop HEAD
branch in the last 8 hours and I now have to hack the source code to get it to
compile.

Maniac at alltel.net
A single tasking guy in a multi tasking world.