to SGML or not, that is the question

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Fri Jan 14 21:48:54 GMT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Problem: I do not have sgml2html.  Nor could I find the damned thing
> after canvassing the net.  But I _could_ get ksgml2html.
>
> Problem, take two: ksgml2html is naught but a wrapper script for
> sgml2html.  Welcome back to square one.
>
> Where the HELL do I get sgml2html?

You can get it from www.sgmltools.org and somewhere under "1.0".
Or you download it from ftp.suse.com, it is in the package sgmltools.rpm
(there will surely also be a redhat or debian package)

> Side question: why SGML and not, say, XML?  And, yes, I know that XML
> is a sub-set of SGML.  (At least, so I've been told.  I confess I'm
> new to the SGML/XML game.)

Because whole KDE uses SGML :-)

> And lastly: can anyone recommend good SGML authoring tools besides a
> plain-ole text editor?

There is a xemacs module called "psgml".

Martin
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature file to help me
spread!