to SGML or not, that is the question

Mathias Puetz mpuetz at unm.edu
Fri Jan 14 23:45:05 GMT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, you wrote:
>Hiyas!
>
>I'm using kdevelop to write an application and, natch, want to do
>things The Right Way (tm).  Part of doing so involves, natch,
>providing proper documentation.  kdevelop caters to this model by
>allowing documentation to be written in SGML using the LinuxDoc DTD.
>(Urm, at least that's what I _think_ is going on.)  It uses the
>utilities sgml2html or ksgml2html to convert the SGML to, well, HTML.
>Presumably other SGML-related tools can be employed to magically
>translate to other target formats, such as LaTeX.
>
>Problem: I do not have sgml2html.  Nor could I find the damned thing
>after canvassing the net.  But I _could_ get ksgml2html.
>
>Problem, take two: ksgml2html is naught but a wrapper script for
>sgml2html.  Welcome back to square one.
>
>Where the HELL do I get sgml2html?

AFAIK, every decent Linux distribution (RedHat, Suse, ...)
comes with a package on CD. There is also a SGML-TOOLS website

http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/sgml-tools/website/download-1.0.html

where you can get version 1.09 (you DON'T want 2.x to work
with kdevelop).

Mathias

 ______________
|                                                  \
| Advanced Materials Lab (University of New Mexico) \
| 1001 University SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106         |
| phone: (505)272-7132    -O-    fax: (505)272-7336 |
|   \|/    email: mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu    \|/    |
\___/o\________or puetz at mpip-mainz.mpg.de____/o\____/