More keyboard shortcuts

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 9 21:56:13 GMT 2000

Yep, you're right, I am going to jump on you.

Personallly I believe that there should be a keyboard shortcut for just about
everything. Although I don't really call jump to bottom or top and the like
shortcuts, just standard editor features.

When in mid flow one may just use keyboard shortcuts rather than switching to
mouse mode, going to some menu and loosing your train of thought ;-) But
seriously, this is a real possability if, like me you do most of your devlopment
on a laptop (configuration equipment etc.). Touchpads are fiddly things at the
best of times.

Surely as long as we all have fingers shortcuts are a plus, not a negative.

A similar situation comes to mind. I cannot use Win 98 'cos the floppy drive
will not 'hot dock' unless the laptop is booted with it in the parrallel port.
(If the floppy drive is added later and access is attempted Win 98 appears to
hang, until it eventually returns saying the floppy is not accessable.) The only
reason I can think of, apart from (God forbid) a bug ;-), is that M$ assume
that all modern laptops come with CD and floppy on board at the same time.
Obviously they didn't stop to think about those users who, foolishly, updated
from 95 to 98.

Moral : don't think because no one has spoken out that no one has noticed the
lack of keyboard support !!! I use them all the time in Dev Studio (oops, hush
my mouth). Don't assume that everyone prefers mouse use.

Having read through this I realise that it sounds like a repremand. It's not,
its just some thoughts. I think kdevelop is wonderful :)

Owen