More keyboard shortcuts

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 9 23:43:23 GMT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Yep, you're right, I am going to jump on you.
>
> Personallly I believe that there should be a keyboard shortcut for just about
> everything. Although I don't really call jump to bottom or top and the like
> shortcuts, just standard editor features.
(snip)

Good,

I'm glad someone has strong thoughts on this. I hope you noticed that I _did_
agreed with the first poster. :-)

It is a feature that I want, but the problem is I ran into conflicts with the
keys on the keyboard and I didn't have an immediate solution. And other issues
had far more importance for me.

If you are not aware, then we are working to produce a 1.1 release soon. A
beta is scheduled for 16th jan and a possible final around the 30th jan. (see
the preview screenshots on kdevelop homepage) Basically this is adding the
patches that have been produced for kdevelop. I've made significant
improvemnets to the integrated debugger code (in cvs), since my 0.18 patch
release, so my time has been _extremely_ limited for other issues.

If someone could produce a _stable_ patch that sorts out the keyboard issues
then it would go into this release. However the timeframe is very short, so I
would suggest that this should be held over until kdevelop2, (a patch for
kdevelop1.1 could be developed for this, of course) The kde2 stuff is coming
along quickly, so I would think that kdevelop 1.1 will be the end of the line
for kde1, (barring tragic bugs in 1.1)

Also, if people would like to try the upcoming release then please pull the
source out of cvs (use cvsup and default tag KDEVELOP_1_0)  and send us your
thoughts and especially bug reports (even better would be patches). Using cvsup
you can track the changes in source, easily and quickly.

Note that this is my _personal_ view of the situation. Sandy may disagreed
with this summary, so I defer to his opinion.

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb