More keyboard shortcuts

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 9 20:42:24 GMT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> In a program, everything should be accessible from the keyboard. I see
> that a lot of previous X toolkits didn't respect this convention. Qt
> provides the tools to do it, so I would like to see a keyboard shortcut
> for each function in next versions of KDevelop. For example, there is no
> key to go on top and to the bottom of a document, no key to switch
> between windows...

Agreed.

Not to take away too much of it's importance, it's interesting to note
that, to my knowledge, only two other people have mentioned this, and one of
those was someone who was caught out with a broken mouse and tried to drive
kdevelop. In a year or so that's pretty minimal use... (Having said that, I bet
you will all junp on me :-)

I did look at this for use with my internal debugger and ran into a further
problem. Any set of logical keys I defined would conflict with keys already
defined. Eventually I gave up thinking about it and put it into the "for future
release" basket :-)

If you have a solution to all this, I'm sure Sandy and co would _love_ to get
hold of it.

--
Regards,

jbb